Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten!

Yesterday was Katherine's first day of Kindergarten. What a big step! While she's been going to preschool for 2 years now, the biggest change for me is that she'll be going to school every day. Gone are the afternoons that I had with her while her little brother and sister were napping. She'll be at school every afternoon! My how I wasted some of that time. I'll have to be very intentional and "dates" with her more often and really take advantage of her days off.
Anyway, she's going to Covenant Christian School (I failed to get a picture by the school sign). She had a great time and loves her teacher, Mrs. Roberts. There's only 5 kids in her class, as of now, so she'll hopefully really have fun with those kids. She played with Graham (the only boy in the class) today. John took the day off to celebrate and we spent a fun morning at home before he took her to school and picked her up - I'll have plenty of chances, so gave him the opportunity on her first day. Elizabeth, when she got up from her quiet time, said "I miss Katherine" - so sweet. Summer is over and we'll all have to get used to Katherine being at school every day. My days as a chouffer have arrived!

1 comment:

Jada Scruggs said...

Your pictures are precious! I cannot believe your little one is 6 months old and your oldest is now in Kindergarden - time flies! Glad to hear that all is well.

Love,
Jada