Friday, April 18, 2008

Springtime and the Zoo!

I think spring has FINALLY sprung for good now - can I do my clothes switch? It seems everytime I think about it when we have a 70+ degree day, the next day is in the 40s, but I think that might finally be past us. John planted some flowers in boxes for our new deck (I'll try to get some pictures posted) and they look beautiful!!! Katherine's school class took a field trip to the zoo on Wed this week and we decided to tag along. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and we got there right when the zoo opened, so things were quiet (although that also meant that some of the animals weren't out yet, either) and we enjoyed the morning. Here's her class at their meeting place... And here's daddy and the younger kids sitting on some kind of insect outside the insectarium - the same thing that the kids are sitting on in the above picture. Christopher on daddy's shoulders (he much prefered this to the stroller)
Various other zoo pictures... Elizabeth's favorite was the giraffe, so I'm glad we got to see them. Katherine wanted to see the cheetahs, but they were still sleeping when we saw them. We did see them in the distance across a field and that seemed to be enough. Thanks goodness.

No comments: