Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Laziness

I feel like we've been so lazy during summer vacation so far. Katherine's been out of school for 4 weeks now and we've been doing alot of staying home, which seems to be fine with her. We've done some things that I've talked about in previous posts, but for the most part, we've stayed home, watched some movies, and just hung out. I must admit it's nice to not be on a strict schedule of carpool and doing so much driving (especially with the price of gas!!). Here's a sampling of some of our "hang out" activities...

Katherine and Elizabeth doing a sticker book together

Elizabeth giving her American Girl doll "Kit" a cracker

Katherine making a store for me to buy things from A close up of her sign..

Having a picnic on the deck

A friendly cardinal came to visit one evening - I guess he was enjoying what John cooked on the grill that night.

And playing peek-a-boo with Christopher. He was in the girls room and I was in his room and he peeked around the corner. When I said "peek-a-boo", he got this big grin on his face and laughed and then disappeared again, only to peek around the corner again! We played this game probably 8 or 10 times and he got such a kick out of it! When I started taking pictures of him, that made it even more fun for him :)

We are enjoying summer so far and the seasonably "cool" weather - 80s. Katherine goes to a day camp next week, so it will be a bit more hectic, we've started swimming lessons, and VBS is in 3 weeks, so the next month will be busier.

No comments: