Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fifty-Nifty United States

Katherine has always loved puzzles and especially loves her United States puzzle. She has learned so many of the states by sight and now something new. I found a website with games involving the United States and she's in love. http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm There are games involving identifying the states themselves - "Find Missouri" and then clicks on Missouri - and also capitals. This is what she's become so fascinated by and really good at! She says "I don't know very many", but I tell her she knows so many more than I did when I was 5 years old! She probably consistently knows at least 30! This has just come from playing the game a few times each day for maybe 3 or 4 days - I'm telling you, she's a sponge!!! Anyway, had to brag on my girl just a bit - you mom's will understand and forgive me.

1 comment:

Ramona Wicht said...

Don't you love it when they know stuff?! Liliana saw the outline of Tennessee on the news a few days ago and said, "Mama, there's Tennessee!" Let's just say that the neighbors heard my joy, loud and clear!

Kudos to your bright little sweeties.